What Is A Short Sale?
- Selling your house for less than the amount you owe the bank.
- The goal: eliminate any liability for the difference in sales price and the amount owed to the bank.
- A short sale can get a home owner out of debt while saving anywhere between hundreds to thousands per month.
A short sale can also serve as an alternative to bankruptcy – it does not have as severe an impact on credit. Some banks and lenders will offer cash incentives for completing a short sale. Let our expert attorneys help you and determine if a short sale is the right course of action for your case.
How we can help!
At the Mascia Law Firm we use proprietary software that allows us to calculate and simulate the short sale process. We can see how net worth will change through a short sale and a new house. Let our experts work with you one on one to find the right solution.
Call now for a Free Consultation: (888)876-9991
The Short Sale Process
By working with a knowledgeable attorney you can move towards true financial freedom. The main point is negotiation, and we can help you with that. The basic process works much like this:
- List the property
- Find a buyer
- Wait on the bank’s review of your financial package
- Close the case
If your goal is to sell an investment property or even if you have difficulty demonstrating financial hardship, a short sale may still be a good option.
Important aspects of short sales to note:
- You can settle for less than what you owe because going through the foreclosure process costs the bank more than settling.
- Second mortgages and home equity lines of credit can also be terminated.
Read What Our Past Clients Have to Say!
I'm so glad I decided to get help short selling my house. I felt very informed, supported, and taken care of through the process, especially when compared to friends of mine who did not use a...Read more
As with any short sale transaction in this environment there are a lot of small details that can cause problems. I am thankful Mascia stuck with it through my two short sale cases and the monies I...Read more
We met Paul Mascia personally at his Orlando office at which point he explained the strategy of several scenarios and what the probable outcomes would be. It was certainly the decision of my wife...Read more